Following the most recent advice of the government and health professionals, we have sadly made the decision to close BeWILDerwood temporarily and will not be open for the foreseeable future.
We will continue to keep a close eye on the situation over the following days and reassess in anticipation we will be able to reopen soon.
If you have booked tickets, we are happy to either hold, rearrange or refund your tickets. Please allow us time to contact you.
For more information, please refer to and follow the advice given by your local health authority: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
Finally, for all those visitors and friends who have been in touch with us to offer their support, thank you from everyone at BeWILDerwood.
We’ve put a huge amount of additional measures in place to minimise risk in the park, which are listed below, BeWILDerwood is a low risk venue as we’re a rural, outdoor attraction.
All BeWILDerwood staff are very aware of the advice regarding when to self-isolate and we are confident that anyone who has recently been in affected countries, showing symptoms, or been in contact with anyone with coronavirus will not be working at BeWILDerwood.
BeWILDerwood will continue to monitor the guidance from the health authorities and the government. If our situation changes in any way, updates will be posted on our website and social media pages.
What we are doing
– Regular management meetings to discuss the current situation and all we can do to keep our staff and customers safe.
– Monitoring government advice with regards to the current action plan and reacting swiftly and proactively.
– Increased deep & general cleans. Offices, toilets, catering areas, buildings and bins are being cleaned regularly and thoroughly.
– Antibacterial hand gel is available throughout offices, the shop, ticket offices, toilets and catering outlets that staff & customers are actively encouraged to use.
– We are confident no staff working have been to highly affected countries or have been in contact with those who have.
– All staff had been advised of what symptoms to look out for and if they have them, are self-isolating and not coming to work.
– The majority of our office staff are now working from home where possible.
– Picnic tables nearby our catering outlets have been spaced farther apart.
– We ask all those who visit us to observe closely our guidelines on maintaining a safe distance between each other and to upkeep good hygiene practices
Face painting & Storytelling
Due to the current situation we have made the decision to not offer face painting in the park, props and costumes for visitors have been removed from the Storytelling shows until further notice. We hope you can understand and appreciate we are taking measures to be extra especially safe. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope you still have a flossberrytastic day in the woods!
Card payments only
During this time, we kindly ask that all payments around the park (such as at our catering outlets, within the shop, and at the gate) are made with card only. We encourage visitors to use contactless where possible, to reduce risks and minimise contact.
We don’t expect to have queues form at this time, but if this does happen, our Twiggle Team will step in to manage social distancing.
During this time, passengers will be limited to one family/group at a time.
If you are feeling generally unsure about having a day in the woods with us during this time and have pre-booked tickets, we completely understand. We are very happy to rearrange your visit for another date or temporarily pop your tickets on hold. You will just need to let The Twiggle Team know your booking reference and, if relevant, which date you’d like to come instead.