What to expect when you come to the woods
Guidelines and Helpful Information
Yippee, we’re open again! The Twiggles and Boggles have missed you!
If you come to play in the woods, we ask that you follow the guidelines we now have in place – there to keep everyone safe!
What’s new in the woods?
Watch this handy video, oooo!
Around the Park
- On arrival, you’ll receive a leaflet full of handy information! Have a read before you come to play!
- New queuing systems have been put in place where appropriate. You will notice markers on the ground, brightly coloured sign posts, and posters around the park to help you keep a safe distance from others.
- We have decreased our visitor capacity to minimise large crowds and to make social distancing possible. This will be monitored continually in case there is need to adjust things further.
- Increased deep & general cleans. Toilets, catering areas, buildings and bins are being cleaned regularly and thoroughly. There will be members of the Twiggle Team roaming the woods to regularly clean equipment throughout the day.
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser dispensers can be found all over the park. Antibacterial hand sanitiser will be present by the structures, shop, ticket offices, toilets, and catering outlets. Staff & customers are actively encouraged to use these throughout the day, before and after using the equipment.
- All staff working in the park will have had a health assessment at the beginning of their shift and to confirm they are healthy, happy and safe to work. PPE has been provided for The Twiggle Team to protect them and you! There are also plastic screens in place at the catering outlets and in the Gift Shop.
- Some areas/structures may have a one-way system or limited capacity, so please look out for the signs and guidance.
- Boats are running, yippee! Explorers using the BeWILDerboats are limited to one family/group at a time. The queuing system at each jetty has been extended to allow for social distancing, with a maximum number of people allowed to queue at one time. There are brightly coloured posts in the queueing system to show a safe distance. The BeWILDerBoat Drivers are wearing PPE and cleaning the boats in between trips. These new precautions mean that the boats will not be operating at full capacity and run a little slower than usual. If we feel that we cannot run the boats efficiently and safely, we will suspend boat rides.
- Two of our catering outlets, the Munch Bar and Cosy Cabin, will be operating and offering an array of scrumptious food, although, a couple of our usual items will not be available. We are still offering pre-packaged ice cream tubs & ice lollies. We are currently unable to refill visitors’ water bottles or flasks, however, we can provide you with a cup of tap water if you need it! As always, you are welcome to bring your own food to enjoy in the woods while on your day out. Picnicking areas have been spaced farther apart.
- We will still be offering inclooosive craft making at the Big Hat. The crafting area has been extended to Leaflette’s Lawn and the area surrounding the Big Hat. Tables and chairs will be set an appropriate distance apart from one another and we will provide cleaning products so you can wipe down your crafting station before and after use. Individual craft supplies will also be provided for you. Members of the Twiggle Team will be present to provide you with what you need and keep everything clean and lovely! We have made the decision to not offer face painting in the park at the current time.
- Stories will be performed four times throughout the day, so there is plenty of opportunity to see one or two! There will be shapes on the ground which we encourage families to stay by while enjoying hearing about the magic of BeWILDerwood. Props and costumes for visitors have been removed from until further notice.
- The Bizarre Bazaar shop is open! There will be a one way in, one way out system, maximum capacity of customers at one time and hand sanitiser available. As of the 24th of July, it is required for you to wear a mask or face covering while inside the shop. For those who choose not to visit the shop, we would like to let you know that we have an online shop where our BeWILDerwood merchandise can be purchased: www.BeWILDerwood-shop.co.uk Happy Shopping!
- Where possible, we ask you to pay using contactless methods or with your card!
Good to know…
- We are holding regular management meetings to discuss the current situation and all we can do to keep our staff and customers safe.
- We are constantly monitoring government advice with regards to the current action plan and reacting swiftly and proactively.
- We’ve adjusted our procedures, policies and training to take COVID19 guidelines into account.
- We are not currently taking or facilitating any school, group or birthday bookings.
We remind you to not leave home if you or someone you live with has any of the following:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
For more information on symptoms, please visit the nhs website.
For official government advice, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
If you are feeling generally unsure about having a day in the woods with us during this time and have prebooked tickets, we completely understand. Please contact us at [email protected] or message us on Facebook.