BeWILDerwood plans to reopen on 18th July!
You heard right, we are reopening our wonky wooden gates for Saturday 18th July and welcome back our WILD explorers!
If you come to play in the woods, you are sure to notice the additional safety measures we have put in place, which are listed below. BeWILDerwood is lucky to be an outdoor attraction with plenty of space, fresh air, and oodles of fun!
Every effort has been made to make the woods a safe place to play in this current climate, but we need you to help us keep it that way. We ask all those who visit us to closely observe our guidelines on maintaining a safe distance between each other, to keep good hygiene practices, respect the changes we have had to implement and respect each other.
BeWILDerwood will continue to monitor the guidance from the health authorities and the government. If our situation changes in any way, updates will be posted on our website and social media pages.
- New queuing systems have been put in place where appropriate. You will notice either markers on the ground, brightly coloured fencing panels/posts to help you keep a safe distance from others.
- We have decreased our visitor capacity to minimise large crowds. This will be monitored continually in case there is need to adjust things further.
- Increased deep & general cleans. Offices, toilets, catering areas, buildings and bins are being cleaned regularly and thoroughly. There will also be staff members roaming the woods to regularly wipe down equipment, such as handholds and doors throughout the day.
- All toilets will be cleaned frequently and thoroughly.
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser dispensers can be found all over the park. Antibacterial hand sanitiser will be present by the structures, shop, ticket offices, toilets, and catering outlets. Staff & customers are actively encouraged to use these throughout the day, before and after using the equipment.
- All staff working in the park will have had a health assessment at the beginning of their shift and to confirm they are healthy, happy and safe to work.
- PPE has been provided for The Twiggle Team to protect them and you! You are welcome to use your own masks and hygiene products if you so wish, but remember, this does not replace social distancing.
- Picnicking areas have been spaced farther apart. You are welcome to bring picnic blankets and find a nice grassy patch to enjoy your lunch!
- Some areas/structures may have a one-way system or limited capacity, so please look out for the signs and guidance.
- We are holding regular management meetings to discuss the current situation and all we can do to keep our staff and customers safe.
- We are constantly monitoring government advice with regards to the current action plan and reacting swiftly and proactively.
- We’ve adjusted our procedures, policies and training to take COVID19 guidelines into account.
We have made the decision to not offer face painting in the park at the current time. Visit the Big Hat crafting area for inclooosive fun. We would just love to see families sporting their very own BeWILDerwood-esque costumes and face paint when they come to play!
Our Head of Magic & Mischief has been working hard to tweak the way we do our Storytelling shows. Stories will be performed throughout the day so there is plenty of opportunity to see one or two! There will be shapes on the ground which we encourage families to stay by while enjoying hearing about the magic of BeWILDerwood. Props and costumes for visitors have been removed from until further notice.
We will still be offering inclooosive craft making at the Big Hat. The crafting area has been extended to Leaflette’s Lawn and the area surrounding the Big Hat. Tables and chairs will be set an appropriate distance apart from one another and we will provide cleaning products so you can wipe down your crafting station before and after use. Individual craft supplies will also be provided for you. Members of the Twiggle Team will be present to provide you with what you need and keep everything clean and lovely!
Prebooking and Card payments
Please prebook your tickets via our website or over the phone (up to the day before you plan to visit) to guarantee entry to the park. This is so we can monitor and manage visitor numbers effectively, reduce cash handling and dwell time at the gate. We also welcome “on the day” phone bookings, if capacity allows. Those with Annual Passes and Gift Vouchers are also required to prebook and can do this via our booking site too. During this time, we kindly ask that all payments around the park (such as at our catering outlets and within the shop) are made with card only. We encourage visitors to use contactless where possible, to reduce risks and minimise contact.
If operational, visitors using the BeWILDerboats will be limited to one family/group at a time. The queuing system at each jetty will have been extended to allow for social distancing, with a maximum number of people allowed to queue at one time. The BeWILDerBoat Drivers will be wearing PPE and cleaning the boats in between trips. These new precautions mean that the boats will not be operating at full capacity and run a little slower than usual. If we feel that we cannot run the boats efficiently and safely, we will suspend boat rides.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope you can understand in these tricky circumstances.
Two of our catering outlets, the Munch Bar and Cosy Cabin, will be operating and offering an array of scrumptious food, although, a couple of our usual items will not be available. We are still offering pre-packaged ice cream tubs & ice lollies. We are currently unable to refill visitors’ water bottles or flasks, however, we can provide you with a cup of tap water if you need it! As always, you are welcome to bring your own food to enjoy in the woods while on your day out.
The Bizarre Bazaar shop will be open! There will be a one way in, one way out system, maximum capacity of customers at one time and hand sanitiser available. As of the 24th of July, it is required for you to wear a mask or face covering while inside the shop. For those who choose not to visit the shop, we would like to let you know that we have an online shop where our BeWILDerwood merchandise can be purchased: www.BeWILDerwood-shop.co.uk Happy Shopping!
We are not currently taking any school, group or birthday bookings.
Have a look at our How to run WILD and stay safe leaflet.
We hope to see you in the woods sooooon and the Twiggle Team would like to thank you for all of your support.
If you have any further questions, including ones about annual passes and expired gift vouchers, please take a look at our new FAQ’s page, specifically for post-lockdown / reopening related questions!
We remind you to not leave home if you or someone you live with has any of the following:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
For more information on symptoms, please visit the nhs website.
For official government advice, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
If you are feeling generally unsure about having a day in the woods with us during this time and have prebooked tickets, we completely understand. Please contact us at [email protected] or message us on Facebook.